Bryn Mawr HERS Summer Leadership Program
The Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) Leadership Training Bryn Mawr Summer Institute hosts a yearly 12–day campus residency format, intensive residential leadership and management development program in June and July. The program, which has been in place for nearly 40 years, plays a critical role in improving the inequitably low percentage of women in leadership roles in academia.
HERS is dedicated to creating and sustaining a community of women leaders through leadership development programs and other strategies with a special focus on gender equity within the broader commitment to achieving equality and excellence in higher education. The course provides a concentrated training program to help typically mid–career women in academia prepare to assume senior leadership roles, both to fill openings from retirements at the highest levels, and to provide their leadership as decision makers at all levels of the institution.
The HERS Bryn Mawr Summer Institute is accepting applications for their 12–day campus residency format, intensive residential leadership and management development program for July 9–21, 2018.
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences has sponsored up to three outstanding candidates since 2015 to attend the HER Institute at Bryn Mawr College. The candidates were selected from a pool of highly qualified applicants by a committee of Professors Emeriti recruited from schools within RBHS. The following were the winning candidates we supported:
- Evelyn Hermes–DeSantis, PharmD, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- Marian Passanante, Ph.D., School of Public Health
- Carol Lutz, PhD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Emine Abali, PhD, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Sharon Manne, PhD Rutgers Cancer Institute, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Barbara Gladson, PhD, Rutgers School of Health Professions
- Shawna Hudson, PhD, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Monica Roth, PhD, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School