Since you are using your published work(s) in a course that you teach, all royalties resulting from such use must be donated to UMDNJ or other nonprofit institution. You will still need to disclose this compensation on your annual disclosure.

What should you do next?

  1. Maintain records compensation received for your published works. You will be required to file an Annual Disclosure Form. (A copy to be retained by the department chair for a period of five years)
  2. Submit a copy of your annual statement to your department head by July 10th for the preceding academic year.
  3. The department head will forward a set of all forms received for the reporting period by the second week of July to the Ethics Liaison Officer.
  4. Ethics Liaison Officer will file with the State Ethics Commission by July 31st to avoid penalties.



Scholarly Capacity Annual Disclosure Form

direct link

Previous Page

Start Over


Copyright ©2013, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.