The mission of RBHS Faculty Council is to represent the RBHS faculty in matters that affect either the entire University or all of RBHS. It allows faculty members a formal mechanism to ensure that they play an active role in shaping the academic, educational, clinical, and public service missions and activities of RBHS and the University.
Through the Council, the faculty of RBHS may exercise its rights and responsibilities to participate in shared institutional governance, strategic planning, faculty initiatives, and implementation and promotion of the University's mission and goals. It allows the aggregate faculty of RBHS a voice in the Rutgers Senate.
The Faculty Council promotes interaction and communication among the faculties and faculty organizations of constituent schools while respecting the prerogatives and responsibilities of the existing school-based faculty organizations and works with those organizations on matters affecting the entire University or all of RBHS. The Council also provides a forum for communication and interaction between faculty and administration.
The Council is an expression of faculty unity and a reflection of RBHS's unique position within Rutgers University and its manifold missions in the region and beyond.
The Council elects its officers annually in December. Officers serve two-year terms that begin January 1. The elected representatives from the RBHS schools establish the composition, administrative structure, and governance of the Faculty Council.
President: Larry Frohman, MD (New Jersey Medical School)
Past president: Pat Fitzgerald-Bocarsly, PhD (New Jersey Medical School)
President elect: Laura Liang (School of Public Health)
Secretary/treasurer: Michael Kelly, MD (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
At-large Members of the Executive Board:
- Sangeeta Lamba, MD (New Jersey Medical School)
- Roger Johansen (Rutgers School of Dental Medicine)
- Laura Willett (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
- Pamela Rothpletz-Puglia (School of Health Professions)
Members as of June 2018
New Jersey Medical School:
- Patricia Fitzgerald-Bocarsly Bocarsly@njms.rutgers.edu
- Larry Frohman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Ponzio (Newark) email@example.com
- Sangeeta Lamba, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas P Pyrsopoulos email@example.com
- Christine Rohowsky-Kochan firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Pharmacy:
- Mary Bridgeman email@example.com
- Guofeng You firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bozena "Bo" B. Michniak-Kohn Michniak@dls.rutgers.edu
School of Nursing:
- Tony Forrester email@example.com
- Mary Kamienski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Boney email@example.com
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine:
- Anil Ardeshena firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roger Johansen email@example.com
- Asha Samant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Shekitka email@example.com
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School:
- Tomer Davidov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debabrata Banerjee email@example.com
- Gary Brewer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Kelly email@example.com
- John Pintar firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Willett email@example.com
- Dalya Chefitz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiran Madura email@example.com
School of Graduate Studies:
School of Health Professions:
- David Kietrys firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew McQuillan email@example.com
- Nancy Kirsch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela Rothpletz-Puglia email@example.com
School of Public Health:
- Judith Graber firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Mackie email@example.com
- Laura Liang firstname.lastname@example.org
Chancellor Brian Strom (ex officio)email@example.com
2018 Meeting Schedule
RBHS Faculty Council meetings are held each month for one hour:
- February 27
- March 27
- April 24
- May 22
- June 8 1:30 p.m.
- July 13 1:30 p.m.
- August 28 10:30 a.m.
- September 14 1:30 p.m.
- October 23 10:30 a.m.