F-1 Students wishing to pursue on-campus employment at RBHS must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a full-time student at RBHS
- You must have a valid I-20 form
and an active SEVIS record
- You must have a valid passport
- You must have an I-94 card marked “F-1 and D/S”
You do not qualify for on-campus employment if:
- You have violated the terms and conditions of your F-1 status
- You are not registered and pursuing full-time studies at RBHS
- You have an expired I-20 form or an inactive SEVIS record
- You have completed your studies and are not pursuing optional practical training
- You are on a medical leave of absence and are unable to enroll for classes at RBHS
Employment is limited to:
- Part-time (fewer than 20 hours/week) positions during the school year;
- Full-time (more than 20 hours/week) positions are permitted during official vacation periods.
Your employment may take place at any RBHS office or department, or a commercial firm located at RBHS that provides direct services to students. On-campus employment also includes graduate or teaching assistantships.
In certain circumstances on-campus employment may include off-campus (non-RBHS) sites under "extended" on-campus employment. This applies if you are working at a non-RBHS site but you are being paid through a research grant or contractual agreement between your academic advisor and an outside firm or organization. The research project must be directly related to your studies and appropriate to your degree level, and your work must be supervised by your academic advisor. This option is available only to PhD students.
Employment must cease upon completion of academic program.
Students wishing to obtain a letter of on-campus authorization may submit a request directly to the OIS. You must also contact OIS for a letter of support needed to obtain a Social Security Number