Announcement - Rutgers-UMDNJ Integration: UMDNJ will be transferred to Rutgers, effective July 1, 2013. As a result of this integration, you will see changes to this website. To learn more about how IT services are changing related to the integration, visit the OIT Rutgers-UMDNJ Integration site.
High performance computing (HPC)
Leslie P. Michelson, Ph.D
Dr. Leslie Michelson has more than three decades of experience developing and implementing innovative solutions to support the academic and research computing requirements of a diverse health sciences institution. Throughout his career he has been active in building state-wide associations that have led to a high degree of cooperation and resource sharing in the higher education community. Dr. Michelson’s recent efforts have been focused on strengthening the University’s capability to provide solutions to demanding computational problems in the life sciences through the effective union of specialized hardware and personnel expertise.
- Machine performance
- Scalable, cost effective compute and storage solutions for the life sciences
- High Performance Computing and cyberinfrastructure challenges in the life sciences
Recent Presentations and Affiliations
- 2008 - EDUCAUSE Institutional Representative
- 2007 – 2009 Co-chair, Cyberinfrastructure and Advanced Computing Activities Group, NJEDge.Net
- (2007 – 2009) Organizer and event host, Cyberinfrastructure Workshops, NJEDge.Net Annual Conferences
- 2006 Organizer and event host, “High Performance Computing: Is it Ready for Primetime in our Data Centers and Research Laboratories?” UMDNJ Informatics Institute Symposium
- 2005 Organizer and event host, ‘Broadband Networks, Internet2 and Clinical Informatics: How Will They Impact Future Practice and Delivery of Health Care, Education and Research?’ UMDNJ Informatics Institute Symposium