FINANCIAL AID PUBLICATIONS
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID HANDBOOK
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
For tutorial on how to complete the financial aid application, click here.
- Completion of the FAFSA/Renewal FAFSA is the first step, click here FAFSA on-Line.
- Complete UMDNJ Financial Aid Application.
- Complete UMDNJ Authorization Form.
- Submit signed copies of Federal Tax Return/Non-Tax Filing Statement Form.
- If you wish to qualify for William D. Ford Direct Loan Program you must complete the Federal Entrance Counseling Session.
Notification that you have been selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education is shown on the Student Aid Report (SAR). If you are selected for verification and wish to receive financial aid, such as the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program (Subsidized or Unsubsidized), Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Work Study (FWS), Federal Pell Grant and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, you must complete the appropriate VERIFICATION Worksheet which can be obtained at the UMDNJ Financial Aid website. FEDERAL AID WILL NOT BE DISBURSED UNTIL THE VERIFICATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE!
If you transfer from one UMDNJ school to another or from any other institution to UMDNJ, your financial aid does not automatically go with you. To receive aid at your new school, check with that school's financial aid office to find out which programs are available and any additional steps you must take.