- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University Newark
Urban Change through Education, Health, and Environment
Schedule at a Glance
(all events at Robeson Campus Center)
- 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Registration
- 7:30 am - 8:30 am Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Greeting and Introductions
- 8:30 am - 9:45 am Featured Panel: University and Community Partnerships
- 10:00 am - 11:10 am Concurrent Sessions
- 11:10 am - 11:20 am Coffee (available between sessions)
- 11:20 am - 12:30 pm Concurrent Sessions
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch with Keynote Address by David Berliner
- 1:45 pm - 3:00 pm Featured Panel: Integrated Partnerships for Community Solutions
- 3:10 pm - 4:20 pm Concurrent Sessions
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Closing Address by Sandra Echeverria and Concluding Remarks
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Cocktail Reception
Guidelines for Concurrent Sessions
- Paper panels are 70 minutes long. Do not wait for the room to be crowded, start promptly.
- Reserve the last 10 minutes for the moderator to lead a question and answer session.
- Panelists have 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the panel. Panels with 5 panelists have 12 minutes per presenter and panels with 4 panelists have 15 minutes per presenter.
- Presenters should practice in advance to ensure they can finish their presentations in the time allotted as it is unfair to other panelists to run over the allotted time.
- Moderators will have 5 minute and 2 minute warning signs for presenters.
- Equipment will be available for PowerPoint presentations. Presenters should bring their work on a flash drive and arrive a few minutes before the session begins to save their work on the desktop of the computer.
- Reading of papers is not acceptable.
- Moderators should introduce each presenter and the title of their work, should keep time and stop presenters when their time has ended, and should lead the question and answer session.
- If your moderator fails to arrive, the first presenter should assume this role.
- Do not re-order the sequence of presentations as they are listed in the program because conference guests may plan their attendance based on the order in the program
- Each session room will be equipped with a laptop, an LCD computer projector, and a screen.