The eight schools of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) collectively comprise New Jersey’s largest and most influential constellation of academic institutions devoted to medicine, dentistry, advanced health-related sciences, pharmacy, public health, nursing, and the full spectrum of allied health careers. Our exciting programs are taught by top faculty in first-rate facilities at multiple locations throughout the state. When you study at an RBHS school, you join one of the most diverse health sciences student bodies in the nation and tap into the abundant resources of the broader Rutgers, a leading national research university.
RBHS schools offer the following degrees and certificates:
- M.D., D.M.D., Ph.D., D.C.N., D.N.P., D.C.L.S., D.P.T., Dr.P.H., post doctoral certificates
- M.S., M.B.S., M.S.N., M.P.H., master’s, post master's certificates
- B.S., B.S.N., post baccalaureate certificates
- A.S., A.A.S., undergraduate certificates
Learning through Clinical Practice
In addition to learning in our principal teaching hospitals, a key component of an RBHS education is your opportunity to learn in our own faculty practices, community health centers, clinical practices, and scores of other hospital and clinical affiliates.
Principal Teaching Hospitals
- The principal teaching hospital of RBHS in Newark is University Hospital, northern New Jersey’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and a vital health care resource for Newark and surrounding communities.
- The principal teaching hospital of RBHS in New Brunswick is Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, which consistently ranks among the region’s top hospitals.
Faculty and Clinical Practices, Community Health
The Rutgers University Board of Governors authorized the creation of Rutgers Health—an innovative, statewide academic health care provider organization that will revolutionize patient care across New Jersey.
Dual and Joint Degree Programs
The schools of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences offer numerous dual- and joint-degree programs with each other, with other schools within Rutgers, and with schools at other institutions. You will find information about dual- and joint-degree options when you explore individual school websites.
See important dates and deadlines throughout the semester. View the universitywide directory of Academic Calendars.
With more than two dozen centers and reading rooms across our campuses, the Rutgers University Libraries rank among the nation’s top research library systems.