The mission of RBHS Faculty Council is to represent the RBHS faculty in matters that affect either the entire University or all of RBHS. It allows faculty members a formal mechanism to ensure that they play an active role in shaping the academic, educational, clinical, and public service missions and activities of RBHS and the University.
Through the Council, the faculty of RBHS may exercise its rights and responsibilities to participate in shared institutional governance, strategic planning, faculty initiatives, and implementation and promotion of the University's mission and goals. It allows the aggregate faculty of RBHS a voice in the Rutgers Senate.
The Faculty Council promotes interaction and communication among the faculties and faculty organizations of constituent schools while respecting the prerogatives and responsibilities of the existing school-based faculty organizations and works with those organizations on matters affecting the entire University or all of RBHS. The Council also provides a forum for communication and interaction between faculty and administration.
The Council is an expression of faculty unity and a reflection of RBHS's unique position within Rutgers University and its manifold missions in the region and beyond.
The Council elects its officers annually in December. Officers serve two-year terms that begin January 1. The elected representatives from the RBHS schools establish the composition, administrative structure, and governance of the Faculty Council.
President: Larry Frohman, MD (New Jersey Medical School)
Past president: Pat Fitzgerald-Bocarsly, PhD (New Jersey Medical School)
President elect: Laura Liang (School of Public Health)
Secretary/treasurer: Michael Kelly, MD (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
At-large Members of the Executive Board:
- Sangeeta Lamba, MD (New Jersey Medical School)
- Roger Johansen (Rutgers School of Dental Medicine)
- Laura Willett (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
- Pamela Rothpletz-Puglia (School of Health Professions)
Members as of June 2018
New Jersey Medical School:
- Patricia Fitzgerald-Bocarsly Bocarsly@njms.rutgers.edu
- Larry Frohman email@example.com
- Nicholas Ponzio (Newark) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sangeeta Lamba, MD email@example.com
- Nicholas P Pyrsopoulos firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Rohowsky-Kochan email@example.com
School of Pharmacy:
- Mary Bridgeman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guofeng You email@example.com
- Bozena "Bo" B. Michniak-Kohn Michniak@dls.rutgers.edu
School of Nursing:
- Tony Forrester firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Kamienski email@example.com
- Joseph Boney firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine:
- Anil Ardeshena email@example.com
- Roger Johansen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asha Samant email@example.com
- Robert Shekitka firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School:
- Tomer Davidov email@example.com
- Debabrata Banerjee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gary Brewer email@example.com
- Michael Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Pintar email@example.com
- Laura Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dalya Chefitz email@example.com
- Kiran Madura firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Graduate Studies:
School of Health Professions:
- David Kietrys email@example.com
- Matthew McQuillan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Kirsch email@example.com
- Pamela Rothpletz-Puglia firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Public Health:
- Judith Graber email@example.com
- Thomas Mackie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Liang email@example.com
Chancellor Brian Strom (ex officio)firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Meeting Schedule
RBHS Faculty Council meetings are held each month for one hour:
- February 27
- March 27
- April 24
- May 22
- June 8 1:30 p.m.
- July 13 1:30 p.m.
- August 28 10:30 a.m.
- September 14 1:30 p.m.
- October 23 10:30 a.m.